Redick Hall was the original home of the University of Omaha. The building, then located at 24th and Pratt Streets, was named for Omaha attorney Oak C. Redick, a member of the University of Omaha Board of Trustees who offered his homestead mansion for the university's use. Redick Hall housed classrooms, laboratories, a chapel, and social spaces for students and faculty. After the 1916 completion of Joslyn Hall, Redick Hall was sold, dismantled, and shipped to Currie, Minnesota, where it served as a dance pavilion and cafe until it burned down.
University of Nebraska at Omaha
UNO Photograph Collection
Archives & Special Collections, University of Nebraska at Omaha Libraries
UNO Photograph Collection finding aid available at https://archives.nebraska.edu/repositories/4/resources/211
University of Nebraska at Omaha, “Redick Hall,” University of Nebraska Consortium of Libraries Archives Online Exhibits, accessed May 14, 2021, https://uncl.omeka.net/items/show/409.